Sunday 2 March 2014

Vintage Vintage Vintage!








A few weeks ago I got approached by the super talented Alexandra Gunnoe (a LA photographer who has moved across the pond) to be the stylist on her latest project - a vintage calender. Her inspiration has been draw from old 40s, 50s and 60s vintage buses, tractors and fire trucks which she stumbled across in her new home county of Devon. So, how could I resist? The buses looked fabulous, fantastically restored and their colours are so vibrant and fresh. Really, I needed no convincing to style these shoots as I LOVE all things vintage. My own personal vintage collection has grown and grown thanks to the lovely Kelli at Vintage Tramp Jo Hodges at Hay Does Vintage and my glamourous US auntie who has provided me with ALOT of beautiful pieces (the latest a 1980s Princess Di inspired bag from Russell & Bromley). See, how could I resist..

The first shoot is 1960s inspired using the yellow double Decker bus a 1959 model. To give Alexandra enough variety with her shoots I decided to draw upon three different looks of the 60s.

Firstly: The ROCKERS who wore leather and listened to 1950s rock n roll will be portrayed through the leather jumpsuit and canary yellow blouse. Secondly, the MINI ( thank you Mary Quant) and looks inspired by Twiggy, including crazy psychedelic print could not be ignored. Lastly I wanted to bring in a little 1960s sophistication in the form of JACKIE Kennedy - suits, boxy jackets and the shift. A bright red swing coat will give a perfect pop of colour and probably much needed warmth on the day too!

I'm so excited now and can't wait to see how it all comes together, will post some fabulous pictures of the event next week...wish us luck!   

No comments:

Post a Comment